Monday, July 20, 2009

Playlist

I recently added a playlist to our blog and I wanted to explain why I picked each song:

1. "Happy" by Ayiesha Woods: I often take Logan on walks around a lake near our home and I listen to my IPod as we walk. This is a song that I had forgotten was on my IPod and I just heard it the other day. It describes how I feel when we're on our walks: happy and truly blessed. I know that we are blessed because we follow Jesus and that's exactly what this song is about.

2. "Return to Pooh Corner" by Kenny Loggins: Jesse used to listen to this song when he was younger and now we often listen to it with Logan. It's a reminder that childhood is such a precious thing. Sometimes I'm in a hurry for Logan to start walking so I don't have to carry him, to start talking so that I know what he wants or to be potty trained so I don't have to change any more diapers, etc..., but this song reminds me to be happy in the moment.

3. "Blessed" by Martina McBride: First of all, I love Martina McBride. Not only do I love her voice, but I love the lyrics to most of her songs. She chooses to sing songs with very powerful lyrics. This song is about feeling truly blessed with all you have in life and that's exactly how I feel. I'm blessed with a happy and healthy son, a loving husband, a beautiful home, a stable job, wonderful friends, loving family members and eternal life. I couldn't ask for more!

4. "Steady As We Go" by Dave Matthews Band: When this song first came out, Jesse played it for me and I immediately loved it. Shortly after we listened to it together, he wrote steady as we go on a tiny chalkboard that hangs in our kitchen. It was up there for months and it reminded us that because we love each other we can make it through anything. We know there are going to be good times and bad times and steady as we go...

More songs to come...

1 comment:

  1. I like this post. Great perspective on things. Thanks for sharing your songs. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling today!:)

    ReplyDelete