Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Very Special Thank You

One of the first things I do everyday when I get home from work is get the mail. I usually find a pile of bills and catalogs and so that's why I was delighted to find something else in the mail earlier this week...a savings bond for Logan. It was a birthday gift from his "aunties"...Sue, Dale, Jill, Jackie, Barb and Debbie. His "aunties" are not truly related to us, but they will always be considered family. Sue, Dale, Jill, Jackie, Barb and Debbie were my mom's best friends. They met in college and have remained good friends ever since. They get together a couple times a year and share good stories, play games and eat good food and one of the neatest things about this group of ladies is that they love each other exactly they way they are. Since my mom passed away 4 years ago, I have had the pleasure of seeing them several times, including my wedding and my brother's wedding. Every time I see them I'm overwhelmed with emotion. So much of my life has changed since my mom passed away...I'm married with a child, Dane is married and moving down to Bloomington soon, I started a new job, I have some new friends and my relationship with my father has changed (we are much closer these days) and because of all these dramatic changes I tend to forget about life before Mom passed away...until I see her friends and suddenly I am reminded of her. I'm reminded of her wonderful sense of humor, her beauty, her compassion for others, her strength and her love for me and Dane. The only thing that connects these ladies lives to my life is their relationship with my mother. The fact that they want to continue a relationship with me and my son is so special and important to me. So, a very special thank you to Logan's "aunties" for a very special gift! I love you all very much (and Logan loves you too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment