Sunday, October 11, 2009

United in Jesus Christ

This morning in church the sermon was from John 17: 20-23 and it was all about unity. After the sermon, our pastor asked us to move in towards the center of the auditorium, join hands with the people next to us, recite Bible verses and sing together as One. It was one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. I could feel the Holy Spirit moving in me and in all the people around me as I stood there with tears rolling down my face. Today wasn't the first Sunday I have felt like that. Our church is so big, but I always feel like all the "strangers" around me are not really strangers at all. I feel like I know each and every one of them and know how they are feeling. I can't even begin to express how thankful I am that we have found our church, Eastview...our home away from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment