Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

It didn't begin like a traditional surprise party...we didn't hide and jump out and shout "surprise". We were just all seated around the table as he sauntered up to the table and slowly looked up and down the table as a big smile spread across his face...exactly what you would expect from Gary Myers. Gary Myers, my dad, has always been a quiet, but strong influence in my life. As a child I remember being silly with him and playing with him. As a teenager I remember coming home from school everyday and eating a snack in the kitchen with him and Dane as we all watched The Brady Bunch together. More recently I remember Dad being an involved and loving grandfather. So, it was a pleasure to travel up to Lena last weekend and surprise him on his 65th birthday. We all had a great time and even though Dad didn't gush and jump up and down at his party, I know he was very happy to have us all together...it was written all over his face. Happy Birthday Dad...we love you!









No comments:

Post a Comment